With the popularity of Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and Facebook, it is obvious that a picture really does say more than a thousand words. And for those of us with disabilities, pictures can offer a sense of comfort that our destination will be accessible when we get there, or a sense of pride saying I went there.
We want to encourage your photography!
We are holding a photo contest to celebrate accessibility at all the places we went in the past year. The theme is “ramps and elevators from around the world” So send in your pictures of ramps or elevators you saw on vacation!
The winner of the contest will win an eBook of a guide book from Lonely Planet for the destination of their chose as a prize.
How to enter
- If you are not yet a member of the Accessible Travel Forum, join by clicking Register in the top right corner of your screen.
- Visit and join the 2018 Accessible Travel Photo Contest Group
(You must “Join Group” to be able to make a submission)
- In the text box enter where the picture was taken
- Click the blue camera button under the text box to select your picture of a ramp or elevator you saw on vacation.
- Click Post Update
Contest Length and Selection Process
- Submissions will be accepted until April 30th, 2018. The submission committee will then narrow the selection down to 5 photos. After this the top 5 photos will be featured on the web page and users can vote on their favorite picture. (Voting period will be determined in early May.)
- The winner of the vote will be announced and contacted by Accessible Travel Forum.
Let’s shout to the world that we want to travel too and that I went there!Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in