Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Destinations Europe & Russia Europe & Russia – General Discussion Amsterdam and Netherlands

• Amsterdam and Netherlands

hfbnetherlands created 2 months, 1 week ago 5 Members · 17 Posts
  • maria

July 8, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Ok, Thank you 🙂

• esther1980

July 9, 2019 at 4:01 pm

Hey

Hanneke pointed out your posting to me. I have lost of experience with trains in the Netherlands. 🙂
    The sprinters (slow trains) from NS are mostly accessible. On the train from Amsterdam Airport to Leiden there is alternately a sprinter and an intercity.
    Problem is that not all stations have the right high and I don’t know how that is at Amsterdam Airport and Leiden
    https://www.ns.nl/en/travel-information/traveling-with-a-functional-disability/traveling-with-a-wheelchair-scootmobile-or-special-bicycle.html

busses: HTM (the company that does the bus 43 and 45) doesn’t transports powered wheelchairs.

The Randstadrail is accesible.

• maria

July 9, 2019 at 6:19 pm

Hello!

Thank you for the information! They are very helpful!

Intercity trains are not accessible?

• esther1980

July 9, 2019 at 7:23 pm

Intercitys have 2 steps, you can take them but then you need to book a ramp by NS

• maria

July 9, 2019 at 8:24 pm

Thank you again for your reply.

That means that I can use the “sprinters” without notifying from before, and without assistance (paying just attention to the height in each platform)?

• esther1980

July 9, 2019 at 8:43 pm

I don’t know for sure about the heigth. I travel mostly in Fryslân. There is the heigth adapted. You can tweet the NS to ask this

• maria

July 9, 2019 at 9:58 pm

Ok, thank you for your help ^_^

Viewing 11 - 17 of 17 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now