Home Forums Destinations Europe & Russia Belgium Discussion Brussels, Belgium

Tagged: ,

23 replies, 7 voices Last updated by  missturtleblog 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Josh
    Participant
    @Josh_Grisdale

Thanks!

Seems kinda silly that the bar closes on the weekends!

After you finish your Eurostar write up, please start a discussion here too!  I have so many questions!  I’m very jealous that you can take a train to different countries!

Say hi to Mikey!

I love accessible travel so much I started this website and Accessible Japan!
    Power wheelchair user.

J David Garnett
    Participant
    @Weekender

Will do, I previously posted that the Eurostar review and the Brussels trip write up will be done today, whilst that remains true I have decided to publish one on Tuesday and the other on Friday.

I consider England and Wales to be different countries so for me to take a train from north Wales to the capital, Cardiff, I have to cross the England/Wales border at least 4 times. :O

(When I publish a post my Blog gets lots more visitors than normal so I decided to spread them out to maintain interest. :D)

Josh
    Participant
    @Josh_Grisdale

Very sly, but it worked – I’m hooked!

Power wheelchair user.

1 user thanked author for this post.

J David Garnett
    Participant
    @Weekender

The final part of my Brussels trip trilogy of blogs, a write up of the weekend, has now been published. 🙂

A Weekend in Brussels

Josh
    Participant
    @Josh_Grisdale

Another great post!

About Grand Place, was there an accessible toilet?  What was the cobblestone like in a wheelchair?  Really bumpy?

Power wheelchair user.

J David Garnett
    Participant
    @Weekender

I didn’t find the cobblestones too bad.

Ah, accessible toilet, I forgot to mention in my blog that I didn’t find a single accessible toilet all day whilst I was out! The only ones I found in Brussels were in my hotel room and at the railway station. :/

At the toilets in the railway station for the able-bodied toilets you had to purchase a ticket (€1?) which you used to get through a turnstile, for the disabled one there was a button by the door to press and someone would come to open it. (When I needed it someone with the key happened to be walking by so I don’t know what the wait is like.)

pieterghijsels
    Participant
    @PieterGhijsels

FYI, visitors to Brussels can use the accessible toilet at the VisitFlanders visitors centre. Grasmarkt 61, very near Grand Place and Central Station.

There’s also a useful website about Brussels: https://handy.brussels.

pieterghijsels
    Participant
    @PieterGhijsels

Good to hear that you plan to visit Antwerp (and maybe some other Flemish cities, too?). Please let me know if I can help with anything. I work for Visit Flanders

atf-admin
    Keymaster
    @atf-admin

Thanks for the great info!

The Accessible Travel Forum becomes more useful with every new member.
    Please help us grow by inviting people to join and share!
    Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/AccessibleTF

J David Garnett
    Participant
    @Weekender

I think I visited the ‘Visit Flanders Visitors Centre’ but did not notice they had accessible toilet.

Is it the place just around the corner from The Sister bar?

I hope next year to visit Antwerp for the zoo, and maybe Plankaendaal too. I also have a Turkish friend who lives in Ghent. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.