Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Home Forums Destinations Europe & Russia Belgium Discussion Brussels, Belgium

• Brussels, Belgium

weekender created 1 month, 3 weeks ago 9 Members · 30 Posts
  • josh_grisdale

August 12, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Thanks!

Seems kinda silly that the bar closes on the weekends!

After you finish your Eurostar write up, please start a discussion here too!  I have so many questions!  I’m very jealous that you can take a train to different countries!

Say hi to Mikey!

• weekender

August 12, 2018 at 8:03 pm

Will do, I previously posted that the Eurostar review and the Brussels trip write up will be done today, whilst that remains true I have decided to publish one on Tuesday and the other on Friday.

I consider England and Wales to be different countries so for me to take a train from north Wales to the capital, Cardiff, I have to cross the England/Wales border at least 4 times. :O

(When I publish a post my Blog gets lots more visitors than normal so I decided to spread them out to maintain interest. :D)

• josh_grisdale

August 14, 2018 at 7:42 pm

Very sly, but it worked – I’m hooked!

• weekender

August 18, 2018 at 5:05 am

The final part of my Brussels trip trilogy of blogs, a write up of the weekend, has now been published. 🙂

A Weekend in Brussels

• josh_grisdale

August 18, 2018 at 5:22 pm

Another great post!

About Grand Place, was there an accessible toilet?  What was the cobblestone like in a wheelchair?  Really bumpy?

• weekender

August 18, 2018 at 7:47 pm

I didn’t find the cobblestones too bad.

Ah, accessible toilet, I forgot to mention in my blog that I didn’t find a single accessible toilet all day whilst I was out! The only ones I found in Brussels were in my hotel room and at the railway station. :/

At the toilets in the railway station for the able-bodied toilets you had to purchase a ticket (€1?) which you used to get through a turnstile, for the disabled one there was a button by the door to press and someone would come to open it. (When I needed it someone with the key happened to be walking by so I don’t know what the wait is like.)

• pieterghijsels

August 20, 2018 at 5:49 pm

FYI, visitors to Brussels can use the accessible toilet at the VisitFlanders visitors centre. Grasmarkt 61, very near Grand Place and Central Station.

There’s also a useful website about Brussels: https://handy.brussels.

• pieterghijsels

August 20, 2018 at 5:53 pm

Good to hear that you plan to visit Antwerp (and maybe some other Flemish cities, too?). Please let me know if I can help with anything. I work for Visit Flanders

• atf-admin

Administrator
    August 20, 2018 at 7:47 pm

Thanks for the great info!

• weekender

August 21, 2018 at 11:18 pm

I think I visited the ‘Visit Flanders Visitors Centre’ but did not notice they had accessible toilet.

Is it the place just around the corner from The Sister bar?

I hope next year to visit Antwerp for the zoo, and maybe Plankaendaal too. I also have a Turkish friend who lives in Ghent. 🙂

Viewing 11 - 20 of 30 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now