Home Forums Destinations Asia Japan Discussion Help

Tagged: ,

3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Josh 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Zack LeBlanc
    Participant
    @Zack LeBlanc

I am an American with muscular dystrophy who wishes to live and work in japan I am trying to reach out to multiple people including Josh Grisdale

I am going to school to be a video game designer. living in japan is a huge goal it gets me excited like nothing else.

Thank you in advance,

Zachary LeBlanc

2 users thanked author for this post.

Josh
    Participant
    @Josh_Grisdale

Hi!

Josh here.  From my experience, the government seems pretty open to people with disabilities coming to Japan (I had no issues getting work visas and even citizenship), or at least it isn’t a stopping factor.

But the government accepts applications, which means you will need a company who will apply for you.  I think that is the biggest challenge for coming to Japan.

If you are still a student, you could get a student visa to study at a school here and then find a job here that will offer a visa.

Have you visited Japan before?  Before discussing living here, it is always good to visit first!

Hope this helps.

I love accessible travel so much I started this website and Accessible Japan!
    Power wheelchair user.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Zack LeBlanc
    Participant
    @Zack LeBlanc

Thank you so much. I have not visited but am trying to do a exchange program.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Josh
    Participant
    @Josh_Grisdale

Sounds great, please post any travel questions you have and we’ll do our best to answer them!

I love accessible travel so much I started this website and Accessible Japan!
    Power wheelchair user.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.