ModeratorOctober 19, 2019 at 8:40 am
Royal Botanic Garden | Official Website: https://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/
Address: Mrs Macquaries Road, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
At the heart of Central Sydney sits the Royal Botanic Garden, located nearby Hyde Park and the Sydney Harbour. Don’t let the name fool you, it’s way more than just a garden, here you can find many things to see and do including (but not limited to):
- Andrew “Boy” Charlton Pool, health and recreation facility with fitness classes, aquatic activity, relaxation, etc.
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, one of the largest art galleries in Australia.
- Australian Rockery Lawn, A garden lawn with a beautiful view of the Harbour.
- Conservatorium of Music, one of the oldest and most prestigious heritage-listed music schools in Australia.
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, housing a collection of more than 1.2 million plant specimens.
- The Calyx, flower displays, food, shopping and various events and workshops.
- …and a multitude of various gardens displaying everything from native to tropical plants.
From many places in the Royal Botanic Garden you can get an excellent view of what Sydney has to offer for sights to see beyond the above. For example, this is a perfect location to view the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge (especially if there is a festival going on), perhaps second only to the view from a ferry boat. Besides zoo’s, the gardens are also an excellent way to see some local wildlife, the most popular being flocks of wild cockatoo that are more than willing to hop up on an arm or shoulder to be hand fed. As you can tell, there is a lot to do here, and spanning 65 Hectare (160 Acres) you should plan a fair amount of time to explore it.
- Accessibility: Many of the main pathways and locations throughout the Royal Botanic Garden are wheelchair accessible, and the Royal Botanic Garden Official Website has a beautiful map showing them found here: https://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/getattachment/Visit/Plan-your-visit/Accessibility/Accessible_map_Royal_Botanic_Garden_Sydney.pdf.aspx?lang=en-AU
- Facilities: There are accessible toilets available in the center area of the gardens at The Calyx.
- Parking: Accessible parking is available located near the Woolloomooloo Gate and outside the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
- Service Dogs: Service Dogs are allowed at the Royal Botanic Garden; however they may not be allowed in all buildings (check with local staff members).
“The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney.” The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney Official Website, https://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/.
Log in to reply.